The Atlantic Ocean Road – landscape and building in harmony
At STENI, we are proud to have been part of this project, supplying STENI Colour façade panels designed for the tough climatic conditions on the Atlantic Ocean Road.
This project included a lot of customisation work. The façade is made of lens-shaped Steni panels that have been polished in such a way that the design of each panel is unique. “Together with the windows of the same shape, these panels are reminiscent of fish in a stormy sea,” says Tore Gujord, Project Manager for Betonmast Røsand.
The building was officially opened on 4 July 2014, but the project had been going since April 2013. The Norwegian Public Roads Administration was in charge of the project, Betonmast Røsand was the main contractor, and Ghilardi & Hellsten were the architects in charge.
- Location: Averøy, Norway
- Project type: Tourist route project
- Contract cost (excluding VAT): NOK 35 million
- Steel construction: 50 tonnes
- Size of service building: 155 m²
- Builder: The Norwegian Public Roads Administration
- Main contractor: Betonmast Røsand
- Architect: Ghilardi & Hellsten
- Advisors: Structural Engineer: Dr Tech. Kr. Apeland l Mechanical Engineer: Unionconsult l Electrical Engineer: Norconsult